Supporting Change is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Leadership Essentials Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
Supporting Change helps managers learn how to understand and interpret change. By understanding change, managers can more clearly communicate what is changing to their team. This clear communication helps to reduce misunderstanding and anxiety. It also helps the change initiative gain acceptance more quickly – thereby minimizing stress, anxiety, and decreased productivity.
When you have completed the Supporting Change course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Understanding and interpreting change and the impact it will have on your team members.
- Viewing change and the anxiety it can cause team members as natural and inevitable.
- Assisting your team members as they adjust to change.
- Involving team members in the process of change.
- Helping your team members make the change.
- Following up on initial meeting to make sure adjustment to the change is going as planned.