Essential Skills of Communicating is one of two foundation courses in the Vital Learning Corporation Leadership Essentials Series, which help to develop skills that are basic to all the other courses in the series. Learners acquire these skills through a variety of exercises and skill building techniques. The audience for this course consists of team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers. Essential Skills of Communicating provides the tools necessary to develop clear, concise messages. Focusing on communication as a two-way process, the program can help even experienced managers improve their messages by making them clear, well organized and aimed at the needs and interests of the listener. By developing the essential skills of communicating, managers improve relations with their team members and increase productivity.
Like the team leader in the video, when you have completed the Essential Skills of Communicating course, you will be able to:
- See that communication is a two-way process.
- Construct clear, concise messages in the interest of the receiver.
- Manage nonverbal behaviors to reinforce the intent of your message.
- Listen actively to improve communication.
- Create a climate of open communication which increases your team members’ motivation and commitment.